How to capture a screen shot in Windows(Mar 23, 2009)
When problems occur, you may be asked to send us the image of your computer screen or the active window.
To take a screen shot of your entire screen, press the PRtsc or PrintScreen or F13 button on your keyboard.
When you press one of the keys above, a copy of your current screen will be placed in on the clipboard, allowing you to save it in a number of document formats.
- press PRtsc or the PrintScreen key
- Paste the image directly on to a e-mail message (create a new message, position the cursor in the body of the message and press Control + V (or choose Edit > Paste)
If you can't paste into your email software, Create a new Microsoft Word or Openofficedocument and paste the image from the clipboard by pressing the keys "ctrl+V". Or you can use the menu Edit > Paste...
Pasting to Microsoft paint should also work.
- Save the document and e-mail it to us.
To take the screen shot of the selected window :
1. Press ALT and PrtSC or AlT and PrintScreen or ALT F13 at the same time.
2. Repeat the above steps from Number 2 on-wards.