My Zebra printer is printing extra blank labels(Mar 17, 2009)
Zebra printers have a sensor that detects when the end of a label is reached. When you first install them, and then occasionally after that you might need to perform the following steps. This is know as calibrating the printer.
- If the printer is on, turn it off (switch at the back, right hand side when viewing printer from the front)
- Make sure the printer has the labels in it that you want to use
- Hold down the button on the top of the printer while turning on the printer switch at the back (hint: it's easier to do this using two hands ;-) )
- The printer will slowly advance and then print out some text, then stop.
- Press the button on top
- The printer will print some more text, ending with "out of dump"
- Further pressing of the button on top should now advance exactly one label
If the above fails to improve performance then try re-setting the printer.
- View Special > Printer preferences… from the mSupply menu.
- Double click on the print settings that is causing problems.
- Click on the “Reset printer” icon once or twice.
- Then physically carry out the calibration steps mentioned above.
If the printer still mis-behaves then you may need to follow the maintenance procedure mentioned inside the manufacturer’s guide. There as also a possibility that the firmware of the printer needed to be upgraded or re-installed.
We have Zebra printers in use around the world, having printed more than a million labels. We have yet to see a broken printer. The worst that has happened is that the printer firmware has had to be uploaded. The most common problem is that they occasionally need re-calibrating using the steps above.Comments