What hardware is required?(Feb 13, 2007)
Windows single user
- a computer with a dual core or later processor
- Windows XP/2003 Small Business Server/Vista/Windows 7
- Windows 8 supported with mSupply version v3.12
- 300 Megabytes free hard disk space.
- 1Gb RAM
- OSX 10.6.0 or later.
- OSX 10.8 supported with mSupply v3.12
- A printer is not compulusory, but is recommended.
- For dispensary labels we support Zebra label printers- once you've used one you'll understand why.
- Update September 2009: Intermec PF4 and PF8 printers support the EPL language we use, so should also work fine)
- For networked printing you should get a Zebra printserver II or GK420TT which are much better, and keeps your default windows printer available for reports
- For off-site backups. A portable USB/Firewire hard drive is ideal.
- (We also provide a remote backup service).
- An ethernet network- 100baseT or Gigabit.
- See this article
- Client computers
- Almost any computer running Windows XP or later will work OK as a client as long as the network is good and the server is good.
- Windows 7 recommended