Universal Codes are here!
mSupply has published a Universal Code server of its own so we are now able to:
- Code items on their generic name, not their trade name (good-bye GTINs etc..)
- Code items based on their strength and dosage formulation (good-bye UNSPC)
- Not include the pack size (good-bye UPC Search) as we want to aggregate data across pack sizes
- Have a freely available API so that applications can obtain codes as needed.
We intend to expand this service to also include
- Reference pricing
- Defined daily doses and DDD factors,
- WHO EML categories
- Medicine interactions
Check it out at: www.universalcodes.msupply.org.nzComments
Where is mSupply used?
mSupply is designed to be used in developing countries around the world. You can find us in more than 35 countries.